Featured Drug Rehab News
Sedatives and Hypnotics Articles
- War on Drugs may run into state laws permitting marijuana use
As the nation's War on Drugs continues to move forward, some experts are questioning what effect the medical marijuana movement may have on law enforcement efforts. more...
- Synthetic marijuana poses significant threat
Marijuana addiction poses many problems to communities, but one of the lesser known consequences is that users often end up graduating to stronger substances. more...
- Expert expresses doubt about medical marijuana
Medical marijuana has become a hot subject, as many states across the country have passed laws allowing its use for treating conditions that result in chronic pain. more...
- Experts battle rising marijuana addiction rates
The country continues to battle rising marijuana addiction rates among adolescents, and experts say it is going to be an uphill fight. The cultural mores of the day and the availability of the drug make stopping its abuse a challenging task for prevention workers. more...
- Young people are at risk of marijuana addiction, experts say
Young people are particularly vulnerable to marijuana addiction, as experts say that their brains are still forming and are more likely to be influenced by the powerful drug. This makes seeking addiction rehab for any young person found to be abusing pot of the utmost importance. more...
- Maine lawmaker pushes for legalized pot
Lawmakers in the state of Maine are currently pushing to legalize and tax marijuana, but opponents think that the measure could lead to more marijuana addiction. The proposal has sparked a heated debate over the legal status of the drug. more...
- Experts debate addictiveness of marijuana
Across the country, rates of marijuana abuse are increasing. The drug is the second most commonly used substance, behind only alcohol. more...
- Marijuana substitute banned in New Hampshire
Due to the fact that marijuana can be difficult to come by, young people are increasingly turning to other substances to achieve similar intoxication. more...
- Experts warn against dangers of marijuana
Marijuana is often said to be less addictive than other illegal drugs. However, experts say that this does not diminish the danger it poses to society. Abuse of the substance is likely to force an individual to seek addiction rehab at some point in their life. more...
- States get tough on driving while high
Marijuana can seriously affect a person's ability to operate a motor vehicle. It slows reaction time and makes individuals more easily distracted. Yet, many states lack specific laws to deal with the problem. more...
- Researchers explain psychosis risk among marijuana users
Doctors have long been aware of the association between marijuana use and mental disturbances, including psychosis. However, the mechanism that caused these problems was unclear. more...
- Marijuana found to suppress the immune system
Despite recent debate over the addictiveness of marijuana, the drug may cause significant harm. Individuals who have a difficult time stopping their use may benefit from seeking therapy from substance abuse treatment programs before these dangers can materialize. more...
- Children of parents in jail are more likely to use drugs, new study finds
The children of parents who are incarcerated often experience many problems throughout their lives. Now, a new study has found that they are more likely to abuse drugs and develop addictions that require therapy from treatment centers. more...
- Addiction News
- Alcohol Addiction
- Anger Management Issues
- Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bi-Polar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Chemical Dependency
- Cocaine and Amphetamines
- Dementia and Delusions
- Depression Issues
- Drug Rehabilitation
- Emotional Disorders News
- Family Conflict
- Gambling Addiction
- Impulse Control Issues
- Internet Addiction
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Obsessive/Compulsive Disorders
- Pain Killer Addiction
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Prescription Drug Addiction
- Sedatives and Hypnotics
- Sexual Addiction
- Suicidal Ideation
- Thought Disorders